Hey-Ai Chat

Check out the Hey-Ai discord / chat here !

Asian Men, Western Women couples: What do your parents think?

• Sanshiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #60657 by Sanshiba
Do your parents/friends approve of you dating asian boys/white girls?
my mom is a little iffy when they're from overseas because of the differences in culture, but they're ok with it. most of my friends feel the same way i do

Do they even know you fancy asian men/white girls?
Everybody, and i mean EVERYBODY knows. i used to change the backgrounds of the computers i was on at school so i would have something nice to look at. then i'd have people i didn't even know come up to me like "Were you on the computer on the far right in the Library? I could tell! there was a picture of some asian band on it"

Do you keep it a secret?
nope

Do you even talk about?
all the time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• xarthurx
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #60660 by xarthurx

i dont think i need approval from my parents or friends on how I live my life. They're not living my life, i am.
But for the record my parents are very cool about it. I dont think they're concerned about silly things like ethnicity or cultural differences.
These thigns can be learned and adapted. they're more concerned about the person's character.

Hell yeah they know I fancy girls :P Be it white, black, yellow, green, red, purple, blue, silver, gold, silver again cause it's shiny :P

Do you keep it a secret?

no

Do you even talk about?

Oh yeah why not? Ever since like grade 7 my Mom been pestering me about bringing my girlfriend back home for dinner. -_- lol
My parents are really laid back so no pressure on the girl ;)

Oh yeah and to the girl 2 post above!

" My mother worries if the guy is foreign and from an asian country....she calls him a paper chaser..."

Tell your Mom we asian boys don't need to chase your paper, we rather SWIM :P ;)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by xarthurx.

• Kathi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #60661 by Kathi
Do your parents/friends approve of you dating asian boys?
--> well... yes. before my dad didn't like Asian men coz he had too much prejudices. But now it's ok^^ My friends and family have to approve it. My fiancé is Chinese and we have a 2 month old son :P

Do they even know you fancy asian men?
--> Yeah;)

Do you keep it a secret?
--> No. It would be impossible to hide it :silly:

Do you even talk about?
--> In the past only to my friends and my mom. My dad never liked that idea so I never talked about it with him^^ Now it's fine. :side:

• JessiKat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #60662 by JessiKat
-Do your parents/friends approve of you dating asian boys/white girls?
Asians are not my mom's cup of tea, but she approves. my stepdad doesn't mind.

-Do they even know you fancy asian men/white girls?
Yes, it's pretty obvious, I always have asian friends visiting my house

- Do you keep it a secret?
nope

-Do you even talk about?
Yes, not really with my parents ( its not their business), but mostly with my friends

• Anji-chan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #60665 by Anji-chan
I actually came to think, just now, about last summer. I was in Honduras visiting family
and my aunts and uncle and my late grandfather (r.i.p) were sitting around a table and me and my mom were having a discussion about me being into asian boys

and they were all pretty cool about it and my grandfather says somthing that could translate to
"whatever floats your boat" in spanish XD it was so cool!! I love you abuelo!

my parents are used to the idea I guess haha and I've never hidden it. I like what I like, so there.
I talk about it more with my friends though then my family.

• Bao
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #60672 by Bao
I love my parents, but I never really asked their opinion to date a non-Asian girl

• bentobeatbox
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #60683 by bentobeatbox
Honestly, if your parents cannot accept someone you love/see a future with/etc, then really, they are terrible parents.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #60690 by kensup
In traditional Asian families, when you marry an Asian guy, you are sort of marrying his family. There are differing degrees of this. BUT, if you come across Asian parents that are totally cool with white gf's, be happy. I would feel really awkward introducing any woman who did not have knowledge of traditional Korean culture to my father. Seriously awkward. It's not like he would hate on her just because she's white, but it's more like he would be incapable of understanding her mentality beyond a superficial level. It's a shame. (For the record, my dad's over 70 years old now. younger Asian fathers will tend to be more understanding.)

Not to be taken seriously.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by kensup.

• habegabe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #67750 by habegabe
At the beginnig my mother think that i was crazy about dating an Asian Guy (even when i never date one i wish i could) but with the time she change and also help my BF is japanese my mother star to understand my wishes ....now she said "baby if you marry a Asian guy it will expensive for me visiting you :laugh: " and my stepdad always support me he said he wish i find a good Asian guy marry him and be happy

respect about my other family menbers my grandpa, my aunts and my uncle thinks im totally crazy but marrry or not dating or not its totally my decision

More
12 years 9 months ago #67757 by dhuang89

Yea, my parents don't really mind. My dad has asked me whether I preferred white or asian girls, and we kinda talked about it. He just knows that I grew up with more white girls, and he's fine with that. Idk about my mom tho....

My dad does. He just knows that I grew up preferring white girls

Do you keep it a secret?

No, but I didn't tell my parents until they asked me....is that keeping it secret? i mean, i didn't try to keep it from them...haha :lol:

Do you even talk about?
Not so much, but every now and then I do