Hey-Ai Chat

Check out the Hey-Ai discord / chat here !

Asian Men, Western Women couples: What do your parents think?

• London
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #1072 by London
Re: "My dad used to tell me to stay away from white girls because they are lazy, can't cook, can't clean and they would make a lousy wife."

Haha, but he's right! My parents have been saying that for 10 years now! But, whats even funnier is that I've met Chinese women who are even worse! There's a Chinese female I know who lives by herself and she told me she hasn't cooked a meal in 4 years. haha. She eats out everyday or only eats fruit sometimes to keep thin or detox. "The Modern Woman." The traditional chinese woman who likes to spend hours cooking chinese medicinal soup is a rare thing nowadays.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1073 by Karyuu
What tells us that? There are no more girls who'd make good housewifes ...
Best to stay single and cook yourself^^

• AndyChum
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #1083 by AndyChum
London wrote:

Re: "My dad used to tell me to stay away from white girls because they are lazy, can't cook, can't clean and they would make a lousy wife."

Haha, but he's right! My parents have been saying that for 10 years now! But, whats even funnier is that I've met Chinese women who are even worse! There's a Chinese female I know who lives by herself and she told me she hasn't cooked a meal in 4 years. haha. She eats out everyday or only eats fruit sometimes to keep thin or detox. "The Modern Woman." The traditional chinese woman who likes to spend hours cooking chinese medicinal soup is a rare thing nowadays.....

That's pretty true that some Chinese women can't cook but like to go out and "eat, eat and eat"..... They always said they want to loss weight but they don't diet...... and they usually don't go out play sport cause they want to keep their skin light...... more and more things that I am not interested on Chinese women.... Sorry if I am little of aggressive, for me... as a chinese guy, that's what typical Chinese women I usually find!!

• Sneakerman
  • Sneakerman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #1261 by Sneakerman
it's a "generation" thing that girls in this age have no culinary skills. back in the day it was compulsory to have cooking lessons at school. i used to see girls helping their mum bake cakes and such but nowadays an average girl wouldn't know how to boil an egg.

i remember not long ago a girl asking me if she could have some gravy granules. i was shocked when she asked me to mix it up for her as she didn't have a clue.

it's a real bonus if a girl can cook, even basic things and i'm not taking about preparing a 'pot noodle'. :laugh:

would you choose an asian man/x-girl over your family? even if it meant not seeing your family again.

a viet girl i know married a black guy from the forces and it tore the family apart. although the family were at the wedding, they really didn't want to be there. after years of not saying much, the family have grown closer together. maybe because she now has two babies.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Sneakerman.

• Dr. Cox
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #1890 by Dr. Cox

My dad used to tell me to stay away from white girls because they are lazy, can't cook, can't clean and they would make a lousy wife. Over the years i have persuaded them that not all white girls are the same. My mum has come round to it and has accepted that i prefer white girls. She meets different white girls all the time because of her job and thinks the world of theml. In fact she's always trying to set me up with ones she likes. I can talk about girls with my mum and feel comfortable. My dad is half way but i can't change his mind as he's an old fashioned man.

Haha, not only my dad is an oldfashioned one, but acutally my whole family is like that. But since my parents know me, they are less strict, but still my other relatives have very high expectations. They hate people, who are especially lazy! Because they say, that life is not as simple as young people imagine. You must know, that they suffered during war and so on.
So in other words, I have to fulfill the requirements too, or I am actually not worthy beeing mentioned as a good family member.
They would not really expect my girlfriend to know any cooking skills, if she has other skills or is the mainsupporter in our relationship, which means if she pays the rent, my family would expect me to do all the household and stuff, if I am unemployed. Else they would kick my ass (literally) for beeing totally lazy while my girlfriend is working hard, because I am not appreciating, what she is doing for me and the relationship.
I have to admit, that this way of thinking is not that bad at all and actually more realistic or compatible to real life.

• MUFCTrendy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #1898 by MUFCTrendy
My mum caught on and fine with it but not sure about my dad he's kinda grumpy so I get put off from talking to him about anything :unsure: but I mostly talk about it with my friends and they are fine with it! :cheer:

As for cooking and cleaning yeah I do that I help my mum cook since I'm still living with my parents I might aswell pull my weight.

• RuthlessArtist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #1914 by RuthlessArtist
Replied by RuthlessArtist on topic Re:Your Parents, Friends and Asian boys/White girl
My parents approve of me dating any guy who is Asian or White. If they have a nice personality, of course. ^__^
But they tend to be narrow-minded when it comes to dating someone outside those two races. My dad's extremely prejudice against dark people and my mom isn't really but in my house everything Dad says goes.

I've never hidden anyone from my parents for being Asian, but I did have to for an African American guy. And this one White guy I knew my parents wouldn't like.

• mahe78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #1932 by mahe78
Sneakerman wrote:

it's a "generation" thing that girls in this age have no culinary skills. back in the day it was compulsory to have cooking lessons at school. i used to see girls helping their mum bake cakes and such but nowadays an average girl wouldn't know how to boil an egg.

i remember not long ago a girl asking me if she could have some gravy granules. i was shocked when she asked me to mix it up for her as she didn't have a clue.

it's a real bonus if a girl can cook, even basic things and i'm not taking about preparing a 'pot noodle'. :laugh:

would you choose an asian man/x-girl over your family? even if it meant not seeing your family again.

a viet girl i know married a black guy from the forces and it tore the family apart. although the family were at the wedding, they really didn't want to be there. after years of not saying much, the family have grown closer together. maybe because she now has two babies.

Ive been cooking since i was 10....that is 21 years...I think I am pretty good at it...and whatever i dont know..i can use a recipe..and it will come out just fine...

however..there have been times i have messed things up of course...usually because i was in a hurry...or just spaced out doing other things....

now I definately really don't know much of anything about asian cooking...wasnt raised up around it...

uh but yeah...i can boil an egg...0
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by mahe78.

• Painkiller
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 6 months ago #3096 by Painkiller
Well my mum approves she says i can go out with anyone as long as i'm happy with them. And for some reason she has a feeling that both me and my sister would marry someone that is white. I don't know what my dad thinks of it though... i don't talk to him much, but i'm pretty sure he wouldn't care less.

Well some of my friends know i prefer to go out with a white girl or an eurasian. i don't keep it a secret but i just don't go around telling people for no reason... its just weird.

• Gabriela
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 6 months ago #3097 by Gabriela
Do your parents/friends approve of you dating asian boys/white girls?
heh, When i first started date a guy, my mum asked me: is he black or white? And i was like: ehmmmmm..........none of them....... then she realized hes asian and kinda in a shock like my dad was(even when he wont admit that, i think he kind awas in a shock too lol), but now they re both fine with it.Also my friends dont mind.
The only proble here could be my grandparents, who still have their old way of thinking :angry:
Do they even know you fancy asian men/white girls?
yep
Do you keep it a secret?
No
Do you even talk about?
no,why? I jsut like asian guys.........the end...... haha