Hey-Ai Chat

Check out the Hey-Ai discord / chat here !

What does it mean when a girl keeps staring at you

• AlliGator
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #43340 by AlliGator
lol, it could be good or bad
but, i'd shoot for good (:
especially if shes looking you up and down
and smiling is a good sigh too (:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Anika
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #43350 by Anika
I would say that she is interesting in you. I think girls want more use the body language (no sex) She talking at first with the eyes or a smile. :)

• Betty L
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #43684 by Betty L
The eyes do much signaling. Initially and from a distance, a person may look at you for slightly longer than normal, then look away, then look back up at you, again for a longer period. If she does that it means she likes you.

Though if she Scrunches her eyebrows and her body is leaning away from you it means shes repulsed or grossed out. It could be something in your teeth or the repulsive odour radiating from you.

Also look at her lips. If she licks them and or purses them in a kiss shape and leaves her mouth slightly open, then shes into you.
Or If she closes them shut and or purses them together to make them look smaller she is not into you. At least in any romantic sorta view.

More
13 years 2 months ago #43741 by chrischen
Pickup artists have a 3 second rule... after eye contact, you have to approach and make conversation within 3 seconds or you're officially a wimp.

• forrest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #43755 by forrest
maybe you owe her money and shes trying to remember how much

• The_Simmer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #43756 by The_Simmer
It all depends. When I stare at a guy it's either because I think he's cute and I'm too chicken sh*t to talk to him or he looks weird and I just can't look away :laugh:

• rkt89
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #43821 by rkt89
Id argue 8/10 times a girl that is making constant eye contact at you, usually means she into you.

It actually happened to me recently in my photography class, I couldnt help but notice with my peripherals that this one particular girl kept looking at me. And by the 4th day of class, she approached me in the hallway to spark a conversation complimenting a photo I did.

Several classes day later (still with days of her looking at me on and off), she randomly approached me while we were doing an in class assignment to join me.

It's possible that she just wanted to befriend the only other asian in the class.

But when your gut tells you something in the world of emotion, its usually right.

• nef
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #43886 by nef
define staring

i recently went to china and the difference i noticed is that i could walk around pretty much unnoticed to where i normally get "stared" upon but eye contact and a cheeky smile usually says she's into you or you got something on your face. :laugh:

• Orange
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #43891 by Orange
don´t know why,but normally i will just look away if I know someone is staring at me:laugh:

• Torakichi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #43900 by Torakichi
I have always assumed the following:

If you catch them looking more than once, or doing a double take, or over the shoulder look it is usually a good sign.

If they stare at you for more than 3 seconds it is a good sign, although it will get broken soon after.

If you are in a classroom, work, regular hang out or church setting, and one girl gets caught looking on more than one day, that is 100% a good sign. I can't imagine a girl finding you so wierd she has to stare at you over the course of days, because one way or another it will illicit a response.

If you make incidental eye contact, and she breaks it by quickly looking to the left or right in a perfectly horizontal movement, or she tries to make it look as though there was no eye contact by "sweeping" past she is not interested.

If you catch them looking, and they break horizontally, they may be interested, and have higher self confidence, but still want to play it off, or their interest is not high enough to warrant discomfort on their part by continuing to stare.

Generally I percieve a break in eye contact that moves away, but downwards at a 45 degree angle, or simply straight down to be indicators of shyness, self consciousness, or lower self esteem.

I also think that when they walk in front of you, and give a quick almost apologetic glance, or sort of embarrassed or submissive look up at or towards you in unsought acknowledgment then that is an expression of self conscious for some reason.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Torakichi.