Hey-Ai Chat

Check out the Hey-Ai discord / chat here !

white-washed asian girls that reject asian men in the states

• MagicMarker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #61234 by MagicMarker

kensup wrote: For the sole purposes of interracial dating, I would say that being in a location where there are few Asians is an advantage.

The fewer other Asians there are, the harder it is to stereotype and/or ignore you. They must judge you as an individual. You start with a cleaner slate in a sense.

Agree, in part, though it's difficult to generalize this point.

My friend who grew up in the deep south (of the US) never fit into the black-white racial dynamics. Instead, he was accepted by both groups and even attracted interest from a few female classmates. The few Asians I've met who have grown up in North Dakota or Wyoming seem to be happily married to locals and never had much problem dating.

Some Aussies I met while traveling discusses the issue of Asians in Australia with me. They said that Asians are concentrated in large cities, where they self-segregate and cause tension to develop with native Aussies. They, being country Aussies, never had this experience of growing up with already prejudiced peers.

I still maintain my theory that you're fine (dating-wise) as long as you're not the most threatening minority (to the majority) in an area (e.g. Turks in Germany, Kurds in Iraq, South Asians in England, East Asians in Massachusetts and the SF Bay Area, Hispanics in the US southwest, blacks in the US south, Koreans in Japan). You're a curiosity until you become numerous enough to attract the ire of the majority.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Variability
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #61236 by Variability

kensup wrote: When you're talking about your interracial dating experiences with women, your appearances are an extremely relevant factor -- probably more so than your race. Hate to burst your bubble.

In hiding your picture, you hide most of the context behind your insecurities, particularly about being Asian.

Haha, someone pretending to be Asian? :laugh:

More
12 years 10 months ago #61238 by kensup
No Variability that's not what I was implying, although that is a slight possibility.

The fact is, if this guy doesn't exercise at all, has no fashion sense, doesn't take care of his skin, etc. etc., then he is clearly incorrectly attributing the reasons for his romantic failures.

Not to be taken seriously.

• Variability
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #61240 by Variability

kensup wrote: No Variability that's not what I was implying, although that is a slight possibility.

The fact is, if this guy doesn't exercise at all, has no fashion sense, doesn't take care of his skin, etc. etc., then he is clearly incorrectly attributing the reasons for his romantic failures.

I realize, just more funny with that interpretation.

• thetraveler
  • thetraveler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #61243 by thetraveler

kensup wrote: No Variability that's not what I was implying, although that is a slight possibility.

:laugh: keep dreaming, then everyone here that don't have a portriat must have that problem too. i do it in real life. whats the point of spending so much effort connecting with girls here that you'll never meet in real life? instead, why don't you go out there in real life and do it. real life is what matters. while i impress girls in real life ,you can fantasize and impress girls on line that you'll never be able to touch.

:laugh:

• Variability
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #61244 by Variability

thetraveler wrote: :laugh: keep dreaming, then everyone here that don't have a portriat must have that problem too. i do it in real life. whats the point of spending so much effort connecting with girls here that you'll never meet in real life? instead, why don't you go out there in real life and do it. real life is what matters. while i impress girls in real life ,you can fantasize and impress girls on line that you'll never be able to touch.

Snap. Brought out the big guns, it's all about how much game you got in real life ain't it son? :huh:

• leftyTokio
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #61245 by leftyTokio

thetraveler wrote:

:laugh: keep dreaming, then everyone here that don't have a portriat must have that problem too. i do it in real life. whats the point of spending so much effort connecting with girls here that you'll never meet in real life? instead, why don't you go out there in real life and do it. real life is what matters. while i impress girls in real life ,you can fantasize and impress girls on line that you'll never be able to touch.

It's premature to think every guy comes to this site to seriously (try to) hook up with girls. It's mostly just an entertainment, for laughs, meaningless arguments and making friends online.

More
12 years 10 months ago #61247 by kensup
The logic is quite simple to follow:

1) You are frustrated that girls aren't attracted to you
2) Girls might not be attracted to you for a LOT of reasons
3) Your appearance plays a large role in their attraction
4) But since you apparently hate taking responsibility, you blame it on something a bit ridiculous, like your race.

You don't need to post your picture though. Based on your bitterness, I'm going to take a big leap of faith here and say that you're probably not the most attractive man around. You really ought to work on that first rather than being a huge Debbie Downer on these forums.

Not to be taken seriously.

• MagicMarker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #61248 by MagicMarker

kensup wrote: When you're talking about your interracial dating experiences with women, your appearances are an extremely relevant factor -- probably more so than your race. Hate to burst your bubble.

In hiding your picture, you hide most of the context behind your insecurities, particularly about being Asian.

Appearances are important, for both men and women, for both inter and intra-racial dating.

Who are you to judge the reasons why people hide their pictures? Perhaps they're not here to find a partner. Perhaps they value their privacy and only send pics to known friends after some time. Perhaps they're horribly disfigured from a childhood accident. Perhaps they're into the challenge of picking up someone without a shred of info listed on the profile. I'll leave it to you to guess which reason is mine.

Not everyone is insecure. We also don't try to mask insecurity using false bravado (e.g. claiming to be the sexiest man alive).
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by MagicMarker.

• Variability
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #61254 by Variability

BurghersRevolt wrote:

Appearances are important, for both men and women, for both inter and intra-racial dating.

Who are you to judge the reasons why people hide their pictures? Perhaps they're not here to find a partner. Perhaps they value their privacy and only send pics to known friends after some time. Perhaps they're horribly disfigured from a childhood accident. Perhaps they're into the challenge of picking up someone without a shred of info listed on the profile. I'll leave it to you to guess which reason is mine.

Not everyone is insecure. We also don't try to mask insecurity using false bravado (e.g. claiming to be the sexiest man alive).

Though it's admirable for you to stand up for whoever, it really isn't necessary to defend him with your points.

Since the topic itself is quite a negative stance, and through his posts thetraveler has made it obvious he's quite biased, and not a big leap quite bitter and negative overall in this topic. The point of bringing up that he does not have a picture is just to disprove his stance on the topic at hand.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Variability.